Troldtekt® wave wins Danish Building Industry Climate Award (Byggeriets Klimapris)
The acoustic panel Troldtekt wave has won the Danish Building Industry Climate Award (Byggeriets Klimapris) which has just been presented at BYGGERI ’16 in Fredericia. Troldtekt wave is a Cradle to Cradle-certified natural product which is produced under eco-friendly conditions and can be returned to nature as compost.
Today, the wave-shaped acoustic panel Troldtekt wave has been named winner of the Danish Building Industry Climate Award (Byggeriets Klimapris). Peer Leth, CEO of Troldtekt A/S, is proud of his company’s achievement:
“Our business strategy is all about producing sustainable and intelligent acoustic solutions. We have invested massively in green initiatives, and will continue to do so in the coming years. I am delighted that the industry is now rewarding our efforts with the Climate Award, after we won the Danish Building Industry Environment Award in 2010,” says Peer Leth, CEO of Troldtekt A/S.
All building industry stakeholders voted
The purpose of the Danish Building Industry Climate Award – like the two other awards presented at BYGGERI ’16 – is to promote climate-friendly solutions in the construction sector. The committee which has selected the winners is made up of, among others, the CEOs from the Danish Construction Association, the Federation of Danish Building Industries, the Danish Federation of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, the Danish Association of Architects and the Danish Association of Architectural Firms.
“Thus, all the stakeholders in the building industry have together decided to reward our sustainable approach and product by naming it the winner. It’s a huge pat on the back,” says Peer Leth.
Sustainable production and natural materials
The committee highlighted the following aspects of Troldtekt wave:
- The Troldtekt acoustic series is made of the natural materials Danish wood (FSC® and PEFC™) and Danish cement.
- Troldtekt has based its business strategy on the Cradle to Cradle principles, which means, for example, that both the product and product development are screened according to Cradle to Cradle principles.
- The production of Troldtekt acoustic panels takes place in a closed system without any wastewater discharge.
- In collaboration with HedeDanmark, Denmark’s largest service and trading company within the green area, Troldtekt has launched a take-back system for construction waste, so that offcuts and waste from Troldtekt acoustic panels at building sites can be returned to nature as compost instead of being sent for incineration or landfill.
- As a DONG Energy climate partner since 2013, Troldtekt has based its electricity consumption on 100 per cent renewable energy in the form of wind power. In addition, the energy used for heating in production is based on CO2-neutral wood waste, including the company’s own production waste.
Troldtekt wave and the other products in the Troldtekt acoustic series are Cradle to Cradle-certified in the silver category. Thus, Troldtekt has complete control of all the substances in the acoustic panels, ensuring they can be safely composted as part of the biological cycle. Up until 2022, Troldtekt is following a roadmap with initiatives that are designed to ensure even greener production. The aim is to achieve Cradle to Cradle certification at the highest level – platinum.
TROLDTEKT WAVE – FACTS
- Troldtekt wave is a wave-shaped acoustic panel which can be used for sculptural three-dimensional ceiling or wall cladding.
- Troldtekt wave is part of the Troldtekt acoustic range and boasts the same outstanding acoustic, fire-protective and indoor climate properties.
- The entire range of Troldtekt’s acoustic panels is Cradle to Cradle-certified in the silver category.
- Troldtekt wave was launched in June 2015, and has since won the German Design Award, the ICONIC Award and the Green Product Award – and now the Danish Building Industry Climate Award.
Peer Leth, CEO, Troldtekt A/S: +45 8747 8130 // email@example.com
Tina Snedker Kristensen, Head of Marketing and Communications, Troldtekt A/S: +45 8747 8124 // firstname.lastname@example.org