Substantial investments in production are resulting in marked improvements in energy and materials’ utilisation at Troldtekt A/S. A new painting facility has reduced paint wastage by more than 70%, while energy consumption per acoustic panel produced has been cut by 17% in a single year.
Every year, Troldtekt A/S publishes its CSR report, and 2016 saw progress in a number of areas, as can be seen from the report which Troldtekt has submitted to the UN as part of its commitment to the UN Global Compact initiative.
Most significantly, Troldtekt has invested DKK 13 million in a fully automatic painting facility and the newly constructed hall which houses it. It means that the company has reduced the amount of wasted paint by more than 70%.
“We have chosen a more expensive technology, which recycles the spray from the painting booth and thus markedly minimises waste. This is very significant seeing as we have a system that runs around the clock,” says Peer Leth, CEO of Troldtekt A/S.
He adds that any residual paint which cannot be reused is collected, filtered and handled in an environmentally safe manner.
New drying oven cuts energy consumption
Overall, in the 2015-2017 period, Troldtekt will have invested more than DKK 100 million in its production plant.
“It means that during this period we have expanded our capacity by up to 40%. However, at the same time our energy and resource consumption has been optimised in a number of areas. This is completely in line with our strategy, which is based on the sustainable Cradle to Cradle principles,” explains Peer Leth.
According to the new CSR report, Troldtekt reduced its energy consumption per acoustic panel produced by 17% from 2015 to 2016. This can be attributed, in particular, to a new and more efficient drying oven, which has resulted in a 50% cut in the amount of energy used for drying the acoustic panels.
Sorting and social support
Other CSR initiatives described in Troldtekt’s report for 2016 include:
- A new sorting system at the factory which ensures correct waste handling so that as much waste as possible is recycled.
- Troldtekt has made a donation to HUSET in Herning, a sanctuary for socially disadvantaged people.
- Approximately 300 citizens from the local community attended Troldtekt’s open-factory event.
- Troldtekt’s management has worked to future-proof the company’s anti-corruption guidelines so that the company is geared for exporting to new markets.
Read the entire report here >>
FACTS ABOUT TROLDTEKT A/S:
- Troldtekt A/S is a leading developer and manufacturer of acoustic ceiling and wall solutions.
- Since 1935, wood and cement have been the main natural raw materials in our production, which takes place in Denmark in modern facilities with a low environmental impact.
- Troldtekt’s business strategy is founded on the Cradle to Cradle design concept, which plays a key role in securing environmental benefits towards 2022.
- Since 2010, Troldtekt has belonged to the UN Global Compact, the world’s biggest voluntary initiative for corporate social responsibility.
Peer Leth, CEO, Troldtekt A/S: +45 8747 8130 // email@example.com
Tina Snedker Kristensen, Head of Marketing and Communications, Troldtekt A/S: +45 8747 8124 // firstname.lastname@example.org