Prestigious German architectural prize for Troldtekt® rhomb
The Troldtekt rhomb design acoustic panel, from the Danish company Troldtekt A/S, has won an ICONIC Award 2016 presented by the German Design Council. Judged in the category Wall, Floor, Ceiling the product brings together sustainability, elegant design and good acoustics in a high performance wall solution. This is the second year running that an acoustic product from Troldtekt A/S is among the winners of the ICONIC Awards.
Good acoustics, elegant design and sustainability are – for both architects and clients – key requirements in modern buildings. Troldtekt rhomb is a single solution which meets all three. The acoustic panel is patterned in a way which, when viewed close up, looks like beautiful repetitive surfaces. However, at a distance it has the appearance of a three-dimensional cuboid formation. Troldtekt rhomb is suitable for large spaces and is also supplied in a scaled-down version for smaller rooms. It is one of the design solutions in the Troldtekt acoustic range and boasts all the same acoustic, fire-protection and indoor climate properties as all the other products, including Cradle to Cradle silver certification.
Making an impression with architects
This is the second year running that Troldtekt takes home a prize at the ICONIC Awards, which recognise visionary architects and innovative sustainable products. In 2015, the Troldtekt®
wave acoustic panel also won an award, before winning another prize in October at the German Design Awards. Troldtekt rhomb has also been nominated for a German Design Award but the winners will not be announced until later in the year.
“We are extremely proud that for two consecutive years the panel of judges has deemed us worthy of a prize as distinguished as the ICONIC Award. It is a huge mark of approval and confirms that we are developing truly innovative acoustics solutions,” says Peer Leth, CEO of Troldtekt. “We have increased our international focus considerably and we can see that prizes like the ICONIC Awards and the German Design Award help to create greater awareness of our products in the minds of international architects and specifiers.”
TROLDTEKT RHOMB – FACTS
ICONIC AWARDS – FACTS
- Troldtekt rhomb are cement-bonded wood wool acoustic panels. The panels are CNC-milled with a pattern which – in addition to good acoustics – adds a three-dimensional element to a space.
- The solution is suitable for large rooms, while the scaled-down Troldtekt rhomb mini is also an elegant design and acoustics solution for smaller rooms.
- Like the company’s other products, Troldtekt rhomb is Cradle to Cradle-certified in the silver category, and features the same good acoustic, fire-protective and indoor climate properties.
- Troldtekt rhomb are cement-bonded wood wool acoustic panels. The panels are CNC-milled with a pattern which, in addition to good acoustics, adds a three-dimensional element to a surface.
- The solution is suitable for large rooms, while the scaled-down Troldtekt rhomb mini version is an elegant design and acoustics solution for smaller rooms.
- Like the company’s other products, Troldtekt rhomb is Cradle to Cradle-certified in the silver category and features the same high performance acoustic, fire-protection and indoor climate properties.
Peer Leth, CEO, Troldtekt A/S: +45 8747 8130 // firstname.lastname@example.org
Tina Snedker Kristensen, Head of Marketing and Communications: +45 8747 8124 // email@example.com