Troldtekt A/S invites creative design and architecture students from all over the world to participate in the Troldtekt Award 2018. The aim of the competition is to get the talents’ ideas on new ways to use Troldtekt acoustic panels. Two renowned architects will assess the ideas received – and the winner will receive EUR 5,000.
Since 1935, Troldtekt A/S has manufactured acoustic panels from natural materials – wood and cement. The Danish company is now ready to dish out praise and a cash prize to the student(s) who submit the most original idea for using the classic Troldtekt panels for ceilings and walls in a new way.
– This is the fifth time that we invite design and architecture students to rethink our product and participate in the Troldtekt Award. We hold the competition, because innovation is one of our core values, and because we want to support innovation among talents, says Peer Leth, CEO of Troldtekt A/S.
– We continuously develop new solutions in-house, and we are very open to input from others. Also, it is no secret that we would like to build a relationship with the architects of the future, he says.
Looking for innovative and realisable ideas
Peer Leth is a member of the jury, who will assess proposals from students all over the world. The jury also consists of two renowned architects from large architecture firms with international focus:
- Peer Teglgaard Jeppesen, architect and partner, Henning Larsen Architects (Denmark)
- Andrew Kiel, architect and senior associate, Sauerbruch Hutton (Germany)
– We are extremely pleased that two top architects will help us evaluate the proposals based on creativity and functionality. The idea is to find an innovative solution which is actually realisable. Our products ensure excellent acoustics, a healthy indoor climate and provides any building with a sustainable element. However, the proposals need not originate from these benefits, says Peer Leth.
Registration up until mid-October
The first prize in the Troldtekt Award is EUR 5,000. The competition is open for registration from 1-14 October 2018, and the deadline for submission of proposals is 4 November 2018.
The Troldtekt Award was previously won by students from Romania, Mexico and Denmark. So far, students from approximately 40 different countries have participated in the competition.
Read more about Troldtekt Award 2018
FACTS ABOUT TROLDTEKT A/S:
- Troldtekt A/S is a leading developer and manufacturer of acoustic ceiling and wall solutions.
- Since 1935, wood and cement have been the main natural raw materials in the production, which takes place in Denmark in modern facilities with a low environmental impact.
- Troldtekt has subsidiaries in Germany and Sweden – and vendors in a wide range of other markets worldwide.
- Troldtekt’s business strategy is founded on the Cradle to Cradle design concept, which plays a key role in safeguarding environmental benefits towards 2022.
Peer Leth, CEO, Troldtekt A/S: +45 8747 8130 // firstname.lastname@example.org
Tina Snedker Kristensen, Head of Marketing and Communications, Troldtekt A/S: +45 8747 8124 // email@example.com