Troldtekt A/S, which produces sustainable acoustic solutions for buildings, is doubling its production capacity with an energy-efficient new production line in Troldhede, Denmark. In addition to reducing delivery times, the DKK 180 million investment will pave the way for growth in new and existing export markets.
13,000 square metres of new production facilities have just been taken into service at Troldtekt’s factory in west Denmark. The demand for acoustic panels – particularly for large construction projects and in private homes – has risen so much that Troldtekt has decided to double its production capacity and invest DKK 180 million in a new and energy-efficient production line utilising modern robot technology.
The production line was officially opened on Monday 25 February when the Danish Minister for Finance, Kristian Jensen, cut the ribbon. Afterwards, the media and invitees were able to take a closer look at the Kawasaki robots, the wood-shaving plant and the other components, while the production line was in full operation.
Climate-friendly Danish production
The investment in modern energy-efficient production in Troldhede is in step with Troldtekt’s vision of offering sustainable acoustic solutions to customers in Denmark and abroad. Troldtekt acoustic panels are made of locally sourced natural raw materials – Danish Norway spruce and cement from Aalborg Portland.
“We have put considerable effort into designing an ultra-modern production line, where we do everything smarter and are able to quickly retool as we develop new design solutions or encounter new requirements in our export markets. This is a large-scale production facility, equipped with the latest robot technology,” says Peer Leth, CEO of Troldtekt A/S.
He is pleased that the project has been realised on time and on budget.
Troldtekt panels have been used in schools, childcare institutions, swimming pools and corporate headquarters for a long time. In addition to the parent company in Denmark, Troldtekt has two subsidiaries – Troldtekt GmbH in Germany and Troldtekt AB in Sweden.
FACTS ABOUT THE NEW PRODUCTION LINE:
- The new factory is 320 metres long and 43 metres wide
- The new facility doubles Troldtekt’s production capacity
- Construction cost: DKK 180 million (ca. EUR 24 million).
FACTS ABOUT TROLDTEKT A/S:
- Troldtekt A/S is a leading developer and manufacturer of acoustic ceiling and wall solutions.
- Since 1935, wood and cement have been the main natural raw materials in our production, which takes place in Denmark in modern facilities with a low environmental impact.
- Troldtekt’s business strategy is founded on the Cradle to Cradle design concept, which plays a key role in safeguarding environmental benefits towards 2022.
Peer Leth, CEO, Troldtekt A/S: +45 8747 8130 // firstname.lastname@example.org
Tina Snedker Kristensen, Head of Marketing and Communications, Troldtekt A/S: +45 8747 8124 // email@example.com