Troldtekt® wave wins German Design Award
The wave-shaped Troldtekt wave is one of the winners of the prestigious German Design Award 2016. The acoustic panel, a cradle to cradle-certified natural product, is the winner in the Material and Surfaces category.
When the German Design Council presents the German Design Award 2016, Troldtekt will be one of the winners. In June 2015, the Danish manufacturer launched Troldtekt® wave – a wave-shaped acoustic panel made of the natural
materials wood and cement. The jury of the German Design Award has now selected Troldtekt wave as the winner of the Material and Surfaces category.
In particular, the jury highlighted the following: – that Troldtekt wave “gives rooms warmth, elegance and quiet” and “permits a wide range of design possibilities”, and concluded with: “A great product that is both functional and incredibly aesthetic.”
Recognition at highest level
Troldtekt’s CEO Peter Leth is very proud to have won the distinguished award.
“It means a lot for us that we can launch a new designer product which has been approved at the highest level. The development of sustainable, intelligent and aesthetic acoustic solutions for modern architecture is at the heart of our business. In being rewarded with a German Design Award, it confirms that we are on completely the right track,” he says.
German market holds huge potential
Troldtekt wave is a wave-shaped acoustic panel which gives wall and ceiling surfaces a sculptural, three-dimensional look. The acoustic panel is part of the Troldtekt series, it is Cradle to Cradle-certified in the silver category, and it boasts the same good acoustic, fire-protective and indoor climate properties as the company’s other acoustic panels.
“Germany is a market where we see huge potential. As a result, in 2015 we established the company Troldtekt GmbH. I hope that the German Design Award will lead to even more German architects seeing the potential in our product,” says Peer Leth.
TROLDTEKT WAVE – FACTS
- Troldtekt wave is a wave-shaped acoustic panel made of cement-bonded wood wool, a completely natural material.
- The acoustic panel is Cradle to Cradle-certified in the silver category and has good acoustic, fire-protective and indoor climate properties.
- Troldtekt wave was launched in June 2015, and has since won the German Design Award, the ICONIC Award and the Green Product Award. In addition, the product is a finalist in the Querdenker Awards 2015.
GERMAN DESIGN AWARD – FACTS
- The German Design Award is presented by the German Design Council, which was founded in 1953, and is now one of the world’s leading design centres. Read more at www.german-design-council.de
- In 2016, prizes in 48 categories will be awarded under two main themes: Excellent Communications Design and Excellent Product Design.
- The awards are presented at a special awards ceremony on 12 February 2016 in Frankfurt. However, the winners have already been announced.
Peer Leth, CEO, Troldtekt A/S: +45 8747 8130 // email@example.com
Tina Snedker Kristensen, Head of Marketing and Communications: +45 8747 8124 // firstname.lastname@example.org