Touring exhibition provides inspiration for circular construction
Europe’s largest exhibition of materials designed for circular construction is now travelling to the international building exhibition Building Holland in Amsterdam. Acoustic panels from Troldtekt A/S have been selected for the Reversible Experience Modules exhibition, which was also at ecobuild in London.
Reversible Experience Modules (REM) indledte tidligere i år sin rejse på IBGE i Bruxelles og har siden været med på ecobuild i London samt BRE Innovation Park i Watford. 17.-19. april er touren nået til Amsterdam. Den internationale Cradle to Cradle-organisation, EPEA, har valgt, hvilke materialer der er med på REM. Et af dem er Troldtekt akustikplader, som består af naturmaterialerne træ og cement.
– Hele vores forretningsstrategi er bygget op omkring Cradle to Cradle og cirkulær økonomi. Derfor har det stor betydning for os, at vi er udvalgt til EPEA’s udstilling, siger Peer Leth, adm. direktør hos Troldtekt A/S.
Earlier this year, the Reversible Experience Modules (REM) started their journey at Bruxelles Environnement – IBGE and have since been shown at ecobuild in London and also at BRE Innovation Park in Watford. On 17-19 April, they will be on display in Amsterdam. The international Cradle to Cradle organisation EPEA has decided which materials to include in the REM exhibition. One of them is Troldtekt acoustic plates, which are made from wood and cement.
“Our entire business strategy is built up around the Cradle to Cradle concept and the circular economy. Therefore, it means a lot for us that we’ve been selected for the EPEA exhibition,” says Peer Leth, CEO at Troldtekt A/S.
Materials need their own passports
The purpose of the REM exhibition is to inspire people to use circular design, where buildings can be dismantled so that the materials can be reused without loss of value. In Europe, construction accounts for approx. 40 per cent of material and energy consumption, and circular design aims to ensure that future generations also have enough resources at their disposal.
REM stems from the Buildings As Materials Banks (BAMB) initiative, the idea being that materials have their own ‘passport’ so that architects, contractors and other stakeholders can easily find data about a building’s circular potential.
Acoustic panels in lifecycle
Troldtekt acoustic panels have been Cradle to Cradle-certified since 2012. The acoustic panels contain no harmful substances and have a long service life. Therefore, Troldtekt panels can live on when a building is renovated, be used as a raw material in new products or be returned to the biological cycle as compost.
“We love the idea of materials passports. It will save significant resources if, in 40-50 years’ time, you can look at a database to find out which materials have been used in a particular building, and that the materials have not been adversely affected during their lifetime,” says Peer Leth.
See the Reversible Experience Modules exhibition at Building Holland on 17-19 April at the RAI Amsterdam Convention Centre (Stand 11.085). A talk about circular design and materials passports will be given on 18 April at 12:30 on the ‘Inspirante Stage’.
Read more about REM here. Read more about Building Holland here.
FACTS ABOUT TROLDTEKT A/S:
- Troldtekt A/S is a leading developer and manufacturer of acoustic ceiling and wall solutions.
- Since 1935, wood and cement have been the main natural raw materials in our production, which takes place in Denmark in modern facilities with a low environmental impact.
- The product range also includes special solutions that combine acoustic ceilings with, for example, integrated ventilation.
- Troldtekt’s business strategy is founded on the Cradle to Cradle design concept, which plays a key role in safeguarding environmental benefits towards 2022.
- The entire range of Troldtekt acoustic panels, both in natural and in standard paint colours, is Cradle to Cradle-certified in the silver category.
Peer Leth, CEO, Troldtekt A/S: +45 8747 8130 // email@example.com
Tina Snedker Kristensen, Head of Marketing and Communications, Troldtekt A/S: +45 8747 8124 // firstname.lastname@example.org