Troldtekt rhomb wins German Design Award
For the second consecutive year, a design solution from Troldtekt A/S has won the prestigious German Design Award. The award goes to Troldtekt® rhomb, which brings together sustainability, elegant design and good acoustics in a single wall solution. The German Design Council will officially present the award at a ceremony in February 2017.
The Troldtekt rhomb acoustic panel is patterned in such a way that close up it looks like beautiful repetitive surfaces, while from a distance it is perceived as a three-dimensional cuboid formation. The design solution has been an immediate hit with the jury panels of several international design awards: In the summer, Troldtekt rhomb received an ICONIC Award – and now the German Design Council has also decided to honour the product with its most prestigious prize, the German Design Award 2017. Troldtekt rhomb has won the award in the Material and Surfaces category.
Evokes recognition internationally
This is the second consecutive year that a design solution from Troldtekt A/S is running away with the twin honours from the German Design Council in the form of both the German Design Award and the ICONIC Award. Last time it was the wave-shaped Troldtekt wave that took home the two prizes.
“We are incredibly proud to have once again received a prize of this calibre. The German Design Award evokes recognition and acknowledgement both in Denmark and in the international markets, which in future will account for an increasing part of our business,” says Peer Leth, CEO of Troldtekt A/S.
Cradle to Cradle-certified natural product
Troldtekt rhomb is part of the Troldtekt acoustic series that is made from wood and cement. All the products in the range have good acoustic, fire-protective and indoor climate properties – as well as Cradle to Cradle certification in the silver category.
“Many architects choose to combine good acoustics, sustainability and a special aesthetic look. We are therefore seeing considerable demand for our painted acoustic panels as well as our design solutions such as Troldtekt rhomb and Troldtekt wave,” says Peer Leth.
TROLDTEKT RHOMB – FACTS
- Troldtekt rhomb are acoustic panels made from the natural materials wood and cement. The panels are CNC-milled with a pattern which – in addition to good acoustics – adds a three-dimensional element to a space.
- The solution is suitable for large rooms, while the scaled-down Troldtekt rhomb mini is also an elegant design and acoustics solution for smaller rooms.
- Like the company’s other products, Troldtekt rhomb is Cradle to Cradle-certified in the silver category, and features the same good acoustic, fire-protective and indoor climate properties.
GERMAN DESIGN AWARD – FACTS
- The German Design Award is presented by the German Design Council, which was founded in 1953 and is now one of the world’s leading design centres.
Read more at www.german-design-council.de
- In 2017, prizes in 48 categories will be awarded under two main themes: Excellent Communications Design and Excellent Product Design. In addition, all the registered products compete for the Universal Design award.
- The awards are presented at a special awards ceremony on 10 February 2017 in Frankfurt. However, the winners have already been announced.