Troldtekt honoured by VILLUM FONDEN and VELUX FONDEN
Last Wednesday evening, Peer Leth, CEO of Troldtekt A/S, received the Building Component Award 2017 in recognition of the company’s clear environmental profile, and the way it has successfully developed a very simple product. The award comes with a DKK 100,000 prize, which will now go towards a combined Troldtekt museum and showroom.
Troldtekt acoustic panels are Denmark’s best building component. This was made clear after Troldtekt CEO Peer Leth received the Building Component Award 2017 last Wednesday, 1 November.
VILLUM FONDEN and VELUX FONDEN present the award every other year to one or more persons who have made a noteworthy contribution to furthering the understanding of the value and significance of building components, including their practical use in daily living.
“This award is a strong acknowledgement of our product, our business, our approach and, not least, our highly skilled employees. It is thanks to their daily commitment, attention and team spirit that I can accept this award,” said a proud Peer Leth.
The award is going to Troldtekt because of the significant development of its product and the company itself – with Peer Leth at the helm – over the past 12 years.
“Troldtekt acoustic panels are a showcase example of how a relatively simple building component with limited applicability has been developed further, so that the panels today combine aesthetics and functionality, and can be used in many different types of construction projects,” said Chairman of the Award Committee, Bjarne Graabæk Thomsen.
“Peer Leth has succeeded in showing the way by engaging dedicated and skilled employees and suppliers. Combined with Troldtekt’s clear environmental profile and documented sustainability work, the component is creating considerable value for the construction industry’s stakeholders and users,” he added.
Desire to exhibit the Troldtekt story
The award comes with a DKK 100,000 prize, and Peer Leth has already decided what the money will be spent on.
“We’ve been very inspired by the VILLUM Window Collection, which traces the history of the window. Therefore, we’ll be using the money to kick off a new museum about Troldtekt, which is also one of Denmark’s oldest building materials manufacturers,” says Peer Leth, adding:
“Specifically, we envisage a combined showroom and museum, where we can bring together stakeholders and customers. Here, it will be possible to experience newly developed Troldtekt acoustics solutions, and take a trip down memory lane through an exhibition of images and effects going as far back as when production started in 1935.”
Peer Leth says that the new museum will be situated in Troldhede in western Jutland near Troldtekt’s production facilities, which in 2018 will be further enlarged as part of a DKK 170 million expansion project.
FACTS ABOUT TROLDTEKT:
- Troldtekt A/S is a leading developer and manufacturer of acoustic ceiling and wall solutions.
- Since 1935, wood and cement have been the main raw materials in our production, which takes place in Denmark in modern facilities with a low environmental impact.
- The product range also includes special solutions combining acoustic ceilings with, for example, integrated ventilation.
- Troldtekt’s business strategy is founded on the Cradle to Cradle design concept, which plays a key role in securing environmental benefits towards 2022.
FACTS ABOUT THE BUILDING COMPONENT AWARD:
- The Building Component Award is presented by VILLUM FONDEN and VELUX FONDEN. The award is presented every other year to one or more persons who have made a noteworthy contribution to furthering the understanding of the value and significance of building components, including their practical use in daily living.
- The founder of the two foundations, Villum Kann Rasmussen, started his own company in 1941, and worked intensively with building components for the rest of his life. His most famous building component is the VELUX skylight.
- The award is presented every other year, and in 2015 went to Claus Dyre for his invention and commercialisation of the Unidrain line drain.
Download press release