Troldtekt receives royal award for its success on the German market
On 26 August, Troldtekt GmbH was presented with the HRH Crown Prince Frederik International Business Award. The award honours Danish companies’ foreign subsidiaries or partners who promote Danish exports. The criteria include having a strong business model with sustainable solutions.
With solutions ensuring superior acoustics and which contribute to more sustainable buildings, Troldtekt has made a successful entrance on the German market. This has now been recognised with one of this year’s three HRH Crown Prince Frederik International Business Awards. Troldtekt is receiving the prestigious export award in the ‘Green Solutions’ category.
“Words cannot describe how proud we feel to be receiving the HRH Crown Prince Frederik International Business Award for our efforts. Germany is a market that holds huge potential for Danish construction companies. Like in Denmark, clients in Germany are ready to invest in documented sustainable building materials. On its part, Troldtekt has gone all-in to build a nationwide German sales organisation that understands the industry, culture and, not least, German architects,” says Peer Leth, CEO of Troldtekt A/S.
On behalf of the German subsidiary Troldtekt GmbH, Jesper Kvist, Country & Business Development Manager, was presented with the award by HRH Crown Prince Frederik at a ceremony at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen on Friday 26 August.
Strategic focus on circular economy
Part of the motivation for honouring Troldtekt is the company’s strategic work with the Cradle to Cradle design concept for the past ten years and more. The concept ensures that the material health of its acoustic panels is thoroughly documented. Both Troldtekt acoustic panels and the company’s production waste can be recycled in a biological or technical cycle, and 98 per cent of the energy used in production comes from renewable sources. In addition, in 2022 Troldtekt has launched acoustic panels that are manufactured using a new patented cement type which is carbon-negative during production.
“The construction industry globally accounts for 35-40 per cent of all CO2 emissions and resource consumption. And with lots of German construction projects planned in the coming years, Troldtekt’s German subsidiary has seized a golden opportunity to not only contribute to reducing emissions and resource consumption, but to actually make a positive climate impact,” reads the press release from the Danish Export Association.
Honoured in distinguished company
The prestigious export award is presented in a collaboration between the Royal Danish Court, the Danish Export Association and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. HRH Crown Prince Frederik chairs the jury, which presents a total of three awards. This year, the other two awards went to Novo Nordisk France for recycling insulin pens, and to Copenhagen Offshore Partners for promoting offshore wind energy in East Asia.
“The award confirms that we’ve made the right decision in building up a local German sales organisation that is upholding our Danish values. It is a huge honour to receive such an eminent award, and in such distinguished company. It is a great boost to our continued growth in Germany,” says Jesper Kvist.
This is not the first time that a member of the Royal Family has presented an award to Troldtekt.In 2020, HRH Crown Princess Mary presented the DI Award for Troldtekt’s green transition. And in 2010, Troldtekt was presented with the Danish Building Industry Environment Award, also by HRH Crown Prince Frederik.
FACTS ABOUT THE HRH CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AWARDS:
- The HRH Crown Prince Frederik International Business Awards were first presented in 2020, and are presented each year.
- The award was established as a collaboration between the Royal Danish Court, the Danish Export Association and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark.
- The awards are presented in three categories: Business Excellence, Green Solutions and Export Achievement.
- Anyone can nominate a recipient. The recipients can be individuals, agents, distributors, subsidiaries or other foreign companies that have made an extraordinary effort to promote Danish products and solutions internationally.
FACTS ABOUT TROLDTEKT:
- Troldtekt A/S is a leading developer and manufacturer of acoustic ceiling and wall solutions.
- Since 1935, Danish wood and cement have been the raw materials used in the production process, which takes place in modern facilities in Denmark with a low environmental impact.
- Troldtekt’s business strategy has been developed around the Cradle to Cradle sustainable design concept as the central element.
- Since spring 2022, Troldtekt has been part of the Irish Kingspan Group, which supplies highly efficient building materials to the global construction market – with operations in more than 70 countries.
Tina Snedker Kristensen, Head of Sustainability and Communications, Troldtekt A/S
T: +45 8747 8124 // E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer Leth, CEO, Troldtekt A/S
T: +45 2421 9445 // E: email@example.com
Mette Kristensen, Communications Consultant, Danish Export Association
T: +45 28 85 64 30 // E: firstname.lastname@example.org